• Welcome to the website of wedding photographer Saavedra Photography My mission is to empower people through photography to love themselves and confidently see the beauty that I see in them.

Emily and Frank, Anniversary Shoot

“70% chance of precipitation” – she said

“Oh no! are you serious?” – me

“It never rains in Las Vegas…” And with that, we thought we wouldn’t have a session for the weekend I was coming in to Las Vegas for the annual WPPI convention. Then on Saturday morning, I woke up to streaming sunlight through my room – the shoot was back on! Emily is one of my first second shooters but moved out to Las Vegas this past year. She and Frank haven’t had professional photos taken together since they got married two years ago. So what better way to celebrate their love than to go all out in really cool spots in Vegas that aren’t really Vegas? I’m all ears.

Emily especially requested a shot by this spot

I’m known Emily for around… 2 years now? I really like seeing her interact with Frank, they’re very cute around each other

The eyelets in the shoes match the lace detail on her dress. This was her reception dress for her wedding

Having another chance to jump into your wedding dress is a great way to do shoots you normally would not have done on your wedding day

This was a great moment when the wind picked up her dress

We drove out to this really cool place that had awesome rocks

My fav!

Thank you guys so much for hosting me! And thank you Emily for your wonderful friendship over the years. Where would I be without you? :D

Shang Chen Photography has rebranded to Saavedra Photography
Based in NYC | Open for select photography commissions on Sundays only

February 21, 2011 - 10:36 am

Karman Lee Love Love Love this photo session of Emily and Frank!!! Hope you guys are having fun in VEGAS :)

February 21, 2011 - 7:42 pm

Serena I LOVE the one of her walking down the stairs and the light in that last picture!

February 24, 2011 - 5:43 pm

Emily These pictures make me smile so much! Thanks Shang!

February 27, 2011 - 12:04 am

Melissa Gorgeous photos as always! I love the idea of anniversary shots… hhhmmmm will have to remember this in a few years..

February 28, 2011 - 5:43 pm

JamieY Beautiful work and beautiful couple. You can see how happy they are still, love it.

April 20, 2011 - 6:08 am

las vegas weddings Emily and Frank are really cute around each other!!! what a great idea of anniversary shots!!! gorgeous photos and gorgeous couple! indeed, the light is so awesome!!! My favorite photo is when the wind picked up her dress. great work, Shang! Viva Las Vegas!!!

March 9, 2011 - 2:18 am

Red Rock Canyon portrait session – Las Vegas Portrait Photographer […] my anniversary shoot taken by my very good friend Shang Chen (click to see her pics from my session!), we did a portrait session for her so she could get some […]

December 25, 2011 - 10:13 am

Happy Holidays! « « Las Vegas Wedding Photographer Emily Ku […] This is my first time actually designing our own holiday card, and I was able to mail them all out a few days before Christmas, phew! Here’s how they turned out (they were printed on a flat card front and back) and the photo is from our anniversary shoot with Shang Chen Photography. […]

March 12, 2013 - 2:37 pm

Happy Holidays! » Premier Las Vegas Wedding Photographer | Engagement Photography […] This is my first time actually designing our own holiday card, and I was able to mail them all out a few days before Christmas, phew! Here’s how they turned out (they were printed on a flat card front and back) and the photo is from our anniversary shoot with Shang Chen Photography. […]

November 7, 2013 - 10:15 am

Pointe Vicente wedding in Southern California :: Shang + R » Premier Las Vegas Wedding Photographer | Engagement Photography […] well — when she was in Vegas a few years ago, she took amazing pics of Frank and me for our anniversary shoot).  I actually got into wedding photography from assisting and then second shooting for her when we […]

Your email is for Shang's eyes only and will not be publicly displayed. Required fields are marked *

There was an error submitting your comment. Please try again.